KUCHING: Aidilfitri prayers are allowed to be held at mosques and surau throughout the state this year.
Assistant Minister in the Chief Minister’s Department (Islamic Affairs and DBKU) Datuk Dr Abdul Rahman Junaidi said this is a relief to Muslims throughout the state given the fact that the prayers were not allowed last year.
He said however, the standard operating procedures still need to be adhered to.
“The guidelines have to be observed, such as physical distancing, temperature scanning and bringing your own prayer mats,” he said during a fund-presentation ceremony for mosques and surau in the Pantai Damai state constituency at Masjid Darul Hana on Saturday (May 1).
The assistant minister of Utilities (Water Supply) also said no banquet is allowed after the Aidilfitri prayers.
“Congregants are not allowed to bring food as how it was before,” he said.
Meanwhile, he said all mosques and surau in Pantai Damai are registered under the Sarawak Islamic Council (MIS).
“A total of 46 mosques and surau are available in the area, including in housing estates or new village areas.
“Funds donated are to ensure that the management committee can continue implementing activities for the mosques and surau.