KUCHING: Another 7.5 tons of fresh food have been delivered to residents of six villages in Tabuan Melayu, who have been placed under the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) since July 16.
Santubong MP Datuk Seri Dr Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar said that to date, his Parliamentary Service Centre team had distributed a total of 17.5 tons of food aid to 2,500 families, involving 10,000 residents.
He said his officers were closely monitoring the situation in the areas concerned and were constantly communicating with the village representatives for updates.
“My officers in Kuching are constantly updating me on the situation. We will try our very best to make sure that the basic needs of the villagers, especially food, are taken care of in these trying times,” he said.
A total of six villages in Tabuan Melayu have been placed under the EMCO, namely Tabuan Lot, Tabuan Tengah, Tabuan Hilir, Tabuan Dani, Tabuan Cemerlang, and Tabuan Lama.
The Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives Minister also reminded the public to strictly adhere to the safety standard operating procedures (SOPs) and to avoid going out unnecessarily.
Wan Junaidi said that although Sarawak had already entered Phase Two of the National Recovery Plan, this did not mean that the public could take on a more relaxed approach on matters concerning safety.
Based on data from the Covid-19 Immunisation Task Force (CITF), as of July 27, a total of 1.79 million of the people in Sarawak – representing 87.4 percent of the population – has registered for the vaccination programme.
A total 1.68 million of the people in the state have received the first dose of the vaccination while 1.2 million have completed the second dose.