Apply for a temporary permit

A contact list of persons assisting in the registration of merchants for Sarawak Pay.

KUCHING: Unlicensed hawkers and petty traders operating under Padawan Municipal Council (MPP) can now apply for a temporary permit from the council.

MPP chairman Lo Khere Chiang said the permit was a prerequisite for them to apply for the Sarawakku Sayang Assistance Package 2.0 which provides a special financial aid of RM1,500 to the hawkers and petty traders registered with the Local Authorities.

“The applicants are encouraged to apply online to avoid having close contacts with other people.

“This is for own safety as well as a precaution to curb the spread of Covid-19,” he said in a press statement yesterday.

However, if the traders encounter difficulties in applying online, they can submit their application forms to the council.

“There is still ample time to apply as the deadline for the application is at the end of May,” said Lo.

He also advised applicants to register for a Sarawak Pay account in order for them to receive the special aid.

If an applicant is unable to register for a Sarawak Pay account due to acceptable reasons, the payment would be in the form of cash, said Lo.

He added any information regarding the cash payment to successful applicants would be made known as soon as possible.

Additionally, each hawker or petty trade has to pay RM30 per month for a temporary permit in accordance with the Local Authorities Ordinance 1996.

“However, the state government has decided to waive the monthly Temporary Permit fees for the period from April to September, 2020,” he said.

Permit applications for unlicensed hawkers and petty traders can be made online through