Appointments of potential vaccine recipients not listed in first phase cancelled

Coordinating Minister for National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme Khairy Jamaluddin Abu Bakar (right) with Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Ahdam Baba showing a placard on a website relating to the registration of private general medical practitioners at a press conference on update of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme here today. Photo: Bernama

PUTRAJAYA: The appointments of those who are not listed under the first phase as Covid-19 vaccine recipients have been cancelled following complaints by whistle-blowers on queue cutting, said Coordinating Minister for the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme, Khairy Jamaluddin.

According to him, there were about 200 complaints received on the issue so far and in one complaint dated March 4, it was found some names in the list were not categorised under first phase.

“When I checked all the replies provided, some centres had already completed vaccinating frontliners so they added individuals from other agencies not listed under phase one.

“On based the complaints, we have cancelled all appointments of those who are not listed under phase first,” he said in a joint media conference with Health Minister Datuk Seri Dr Adham Baba on the development of the National Covid-19 Immunisation Programme here today. – Bernama