KUCHING: Fifteen rural transformation programme (RTP) projects worth RM5 mln will be implemented in the Batu Kawah constituency.
“Over the past few years, assemblyman Datuk Seri Dr Sim Kui Hian has used RTP funds to implement development projects in his constituency.
“The new 15 RTP projects will cover basic infrastructure such as improvement of roads, ditches, street lamps, leisure places. These developments will be carried out by Padawan Municipal Council (MPP), the Department of Irrigation and Drainage (DID) and Ministry of Utility,” said Sarawak United People’s Party (SUPP) in a statement.
SUPP added that Dr Sim also continued to focus on ongoing projects such as to upgrade the drainage system at the back lanes of RPR housing, costing RM500,000.
“Dr Sim says this residential area has long existed, and the residents have been facing the problem of poor drainage system at the front and back lanes.
“Hence, Dr Sim has started the planning since 2016, and the upgrading of the drainage system at the front is now near completion. It will not only solve the drainage issue but also widen the front residential area to facilitate parking.
“As for the back lanes drainage system, Dr Sim says that all will be fully upgraded in phases and he guarantees that none of the back lanes drainage system will be verlooked.”
The 15 RTP projects that will be implemented this year are:
1. Graveyard road upgrading at Jalan Chong Jin Chong;
2. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Taman Sri Emas 8;
3. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Taman Sri Emas 5A;
4. Upgrading football field at RPR Lorong 12;
5. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of Lorong 28A6C RPR;
6. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of Lorong 28A6D and Lorong 28A6E RPR;
7. Construction of new office room at Balai Raya Skim Penempatan Stapok;
8. Installation of new and upgrade existing streetlights at Batu Kawah area, Phase 3;
9. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Stapok Utama 8;
10. Drainage upgrading works at Lorong SPS Stapok 3;
11. Drainage reconstruction work at back lanes of RPR Batu Kawah, Phase 4;
12. Water pipeline upgrading at Kampung Tengah Sungai;
13. New drainage system and road upgrade for Lorong Stapok Utama 14;
14. Drainage upgrading works at Jalan Kangking;
15. Drainage reconstruction works at back lanes of Lorong 28A6E and Lorong 28A6F RPR.