KUCHING: Santubong people who have so far not received pandemic-related government aid are urged to contact the parliamentary constituency’s service centre.
Entrepreneur Development and Cooperatives Minister Datuk Seri Wan Junaidi Tuanku Jaafar said the centre had been actively distributing aid such as food since the start of the movement control order (MCO).
“Yesterday (July 31), my officers at the centre arranged the distribution of food aid to several needy families.
“This food basket assistance is channelled to the residents of Kampung Temenggong Matang, Kampung Temedak, Kampung Pulo, Kampung Surabaya, Kampung Santubong, Bandar Baru Samariang and Kampung Rampangi.
“I understand there are families in the Santubong area who are still affected by the Covid-19 pandemic. They can contact our service centre,” he said in a Facebook post on Sunday (Aug 1).
Wan Junaidi said recently, the service centre distributed 3.2 tonnes of canned and wet food to affected areas including Kampung Bintawa Hilir which was recently put under the enhanced movement control order (EMCO).
Last Thursday, another 7.5 tonnes of fresh food were delivered to residents of six villages in Tabuan Melayu which was also placed under the EMCO.
The Santubong MP said his officers were closely monitoring the situation in the areas concerned and constantly communicating with the village representatives for updates.
“My officers in Kuching are constantly updating me on the situation. We will try our best to make sure that the basic needs of the villagers, especially food, are taken care of in these trying times,” he added.