Disabled child rescued from fiery death

The cooking utensils are charred after the kitchen caught fire.

SIBU: A 12-year-old disabled child was rescued by members of the public from a fiery death when a house near a driving institute at Jalan Kiong Tiong here, caught fire on Sunday (Sept 19).

A spokesman from the State Fire Department operations centre said at the time of the incident, the victim was alone at home.

Firemen from Sibu station were despatched to the scene after receiving an emergency call around 10.15am.

Upon arriving, the firemen quickly extinguished the fire which had razed the walls of the kitchen area.

There were no reports of injuries as the disabled child was successfully rescued by the public before the firemen arrived.