House owner thankful to neighbours

KUCHING: A house owner at Central Park here was thankful to her neighbours who alerted them when their car in the porch caught fire at 1.30am yesterday.

The neighbours also helped to contact the Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) for assistance.

After they were alerted of their burning car, the car owner and her family members ran out of the house as firemen arrived to douse the burning car.

The car owner said she bought the car three years ago and had never modified or do anything to it.

She was told that the fire started from the engine’s compartment.

The car was a total loss and the ceiling of the porch was partially damaged but firemen managed to control the fire from spreading into the house.

Firemen douse the burning car.