KUCHING: The Department of Statistics Malaysia (DOSM) here has resumed its face-to-face operations for the Population and Housing Census Malaysia 2020 (Malaysia Census 2020) beginning Aug 16 to Oct 31.
Sarawak DOSM director Dayang Rozana Abang Hassan said previously, face-to-face interviews were postponed due to the re-emergence of Covid-19 cases.
She added that resumption was following the state’s transition into Phase Three of the National Recovery Plan, except for Lundu, Bau, Kuching, Serian, Tebedu, Samarahan, Asajaya and Simunjan districts.
“Fieldwork will focus on areas with a high vaccination status and low number of active cases. Areas that are still under enhanced movement control order will not be involved.
“We have obtained permission from the Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC). Census work will follow the standard operating procedure and conditions set by SDMC,” she said on Tuesday (Aug 17).
Dayang Rozana explained that based on the response received as of Aug16 this year, the number of population in Malaysia that had been censused is 24.2 million or 74 per cent.
She disclosed that 1.59 million or 56.8 per cent of the people in Sarawak had been censused.
“We are urging the public to give their cooperation in ensuring the success of Malaysia Census 2020 while adhering to the SOP set by the Ministry of Health.
“For those who have received the invitation code and wish to fill the census via e-Census, they can do so by visiting https://ecensus.mycensus.gov.my/landing.
“Any inquiries can be directed to the Sarawak DOSM Operations Room at 082-203994 or 082-230604 from 8am to 1pm.”
New Sarawak Tribune e-Paper
Subscribe and get the latest news from NewSarawakTribune.com.my
New Sarawak Tribune is a Sarawakian news portal that highlights Sarawak-centric news and other stories of relevance to Sarawak.
Today, New Sarawak Tribune focuses on happenings in Sarawak’s cities, towns and small places no matter how remote these are and events of relevance in other states of Malaysia and other countries.