Man dies from electrocution in Bekenu

HomeSarawak News

Man dies from electrocution in Bekenu

MIRI: A 39-year-old man died of electrocution in Kampung Keluru Jaya in Bekenu yesterday after he accidentally came into contact with an overhead cab

First dose of vaccine for 1,300 students
Teen lodges police report over attack
Python gets removed from under oven

MIRI: A 39-year-old man died of electrocution in Kampung Keluru Jaya in Bekenu yesterday after he accidentally came into contact with an overhead cable nearby his house.

According to Miri Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) chief Ahmad Nizam Sapaiee, a team of firemen from Batu Niah were despatched to the scene after receiving a distressed call on the incident at 3.59pm.
 
“The man, a lorry driver, is believed to have been electrocuted while trying to install a television antenna from his house using an aluminium rod,” he said.
 
Upon arrival at the scene at 4.46pm, they were told by the victim’s family members that he collapsed in front of the house gate.

He then rushed to Bekenu Health Clinic and was pronounced dead.

COMMENTS

WORDPRESS: 0
DISQUS: