KUCHING: Villagers at Kampung Muara Tebas made a gruesome find of a male body in a roadside electrical substation last Thursday (May 6).
Policemen, firefighters and Sarawak Energy Berhad (Sesco) personnel were immediately alerted about the discovery around 10.50pm.
Kuching police chief ACP Awang Din Awang Gani said investigations revealed that the victim died of electrocution.
“The deceased is a 37-year-old local man and the body was taken to Sarawak General Hospital (SGH) for post mortem.
“The case has been identified as sudden death and it is still under investigation,” he said.