Man saves shop from burning

The aftermath of the fire.

BAU: Swift action taken by a shop owner prevented his shop here from being destroyed in a fire in the early hours of this morning (Jan 25).

Firefighters from Bau Fire and Rescue Station were despatched to the shop at Jalan Reedems, Singai following a distress call at 3.45am.

Upon arrival, the team found out that the fire had already been put out by the shop owner and it only involved kitchen appliances.

The shop was only slightly damaged and no casualties were reported.