SIBU: The Ministry of Health (MoH) plans to conduct a second round of active case detection (ACD) in Sentosa and Permai zones here.
This follows a spike in Covid-19 cases in the two areas.
State Health director Dr Chin Zin Hing said it has yet to be finalised when the ACD will be carried out.
“Another ACD must be conducted to detect the virus more effectively. We are still planning on the best date to conduct the ACD for the two zones so we have yet to set the timetable,” he said when contacted today (Mar 11).
Dr Chin stated MoH found that there were still many residents who did not come forward for the swab test when the previous ACD was conducted on Feb 22 to 23 despite the daily increase in Covid-19 cases.
He revealed that a total of 1,255 swab test samples were collected in Sentosa zone while Permai zone had 892 samples taken during the two-day ACD programme.
When asked about the result of swab tests taken from the enhanced movement control order (EMCO) areas on Mar 2 to 3, he said 13 out of 1,311 samples tested positive.
“The second swab test started on Wednesday (Mar 10) and a total of 720 samples were taken so far,” he added.
The implementation of Emco for Sentosa Resettlement Scheme Phase II started from Feb 27 to Mar 12. It involves Jalan Sentosa, Jalan Sentosa Timur and Lorong Sentosa Utara 7.