SIBU: No clues of foul play or criminal acts found at the fire incident which destroyed two houses at Kampung Bahagia Jaya, Jalan Burung Belibis, last Tuesday night.
Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) Zone 4 Sibu chief Senior Fire Superintendent I Janggan Muling said that there were no traces of criminal elements in the incident.
“Our K9 Unit conducted a search around the perimeter of the burned houses.
“However, we are still conducting an investigation to identify the cause of the incident,” he said, adding that it might take a day or two to do so.
He said previously there were allegations that the incident was possibly due to criminal acts or arson.
The fire incident, which broke out at around 8 pm on Tuesday, claimed three lives. The victims were identified as Rasidah Suut, 80, Suriaty Abdullah, 20, and Abdullah Bus, 64.
Five survivors, who were family members of the three deceased, came from the second house, and one survivor of the first house managed to escape the fire.