SIBU: Sibu Division Disaster Management Committee (SDDMC) coordinator Dr Annuar Rapaee has assured that no one will be left out in the distribution of food baskets under Sarawakku Sayang Special Assistance (BKSS) 6.0 during the movement control order (MCO).
He gave the assurance when he visited the collection centre for the food aid in the Nangka constituency at Dewan Lakis on Sunday (June 6).
The Local Housing and Government Assistant Minister explained that the food aid was for those who were eligible or affected by the enforcement of the MCO.
“To the members of the community particularly those in the villages, please report to us if there are households which have been left out in this assistance. If there is a shortage of food supply in your respective area, please inform us immediately,” he said.
Dr Annuar said the distribution of the food baskets in Nangka would start from Monday until Thursday.
The Nangka assemblyman said that 8,230 heads of households would receive the food baskets to be distributed by Parti Pesaka Bumiputera Bersatu (PBB) volunteers from one house to another.
“We have 200 PBB members who are involved in the distribution of this food aid,” he said.
“Each food basket contains all kinds of dry food valued at RM70. We seek the recipients’ patience in waiting for the distribution of the food baskets,” he said.
Earlier on Friday, acting Sibu Division Resident Wong Hee Sieng said that 29,752 heads of households in Sibu Division would receive the aid.
He said the recipients included those in Selangau and Kanowit districts.
Of the total, 18,935 heads of households were from Sibu followed by 3,571 heads of households in Selangau and 7,246 heads of households in Kanowit.