Not our employees – ThePodium
By:Tania Lam
Date:
The Podium, Kuching

KUCHING: A foreign worker who tested positive of Covid-19 at a construction site at Sungai Moyan here recently was not working at the The Podium.

Chen Ling Development Sdn Bhd which develops the high-rise apartment clarified that foreign workers staying at the Sungai Moyan workers quarters were not its employees.

The company said it was aware that The Podium at Jalan Tun Ahmad Zaidi Adruce (Jalan Kereta Api) here had been brought into the limelight following an announcement by Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) chairman Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas of a Covid-19 case detected at a construction site there on June 9.

The company admitted that construction workers from Sungai Moyan area were found to have come into contact with its employees.

“Our employees are currently undergoing testing,” it said in a statement Wednesday.

On Tuesday, Uggah revealed that a new positive Covid-19 case, an Indonesian man, had been detected through contact tracing in connection with a foreign worker confirmed to be Covid-19 positive earlier – a new cluster of foreign workers in Sarawak.

He also said that the Sarawak Health Department would conduct active case detection (ACD) operations at the construction site and the workers’ living quarters at Sungai Moyan.

Chen Ling Development Sdn Bhd said it was taking special care in upholding the standard operating procedures (SOPs) set by the state government.

“Chen Ling has always placed the employees and their families’ health and safety in mind. Since the movement control order (MCO) restriction was lifted, we have controlled entries from outsiders to the site.

“Any unauthorised visits were considered as unlawful and trespassing. However, employees’ activities and the people they meet outside the construction site is out of our control,” it said.

The company applauded SDMC for the continuous effort in fighting Covid-19, adding that as a co0mpany, it would strive to keep Sarawak Covid-19 free in line with the government’s resolution.

New Sarawak Tribune e-Paper

Related Post

Premier calls for Chinese-Bumiputera partnerships to develop agriculture, tourism sectors
39 mins ago
GEPNE steps up to help Sabah flood victims
3 hours ago
Food aid programme benefits 200 B40 families in Lanang
3 hours ago
Miri City Council’s pig slaughterhouse still operational
3 hours ago
Hope Place steps forward to help malnourished baby
3 hours ago
Nothing amiss about foreign worker preference
4 hours ago
Slithery visitor caught in bedroom, released
4 hours ago
Assemblyman wants kite festival in national calendar
4 hours ago

Promoted Content

Latest News

Premier to talk on ‘Smart Cities’ at AECC 2023 in KL
2 mins ago
Premier calls for Chinese-Bumiputera partnerships to develop agriculture, tourism sectors
39 mins ago
GEPNE steps up to help Sabah flood victims
3 hours ago
Food aid programme benefits 200 B40 families in Lanang
3 hours ago
Miri City Council’s pig slaughterhouse still operational
3 hours ago

Quicklinks

Subscribe and get the latest news from NewSarawakTribune.com.my

New Sarawak Tribune is a Sarawakian news portal that highlights Sarawak-centric news and other stories of relevance to Sarawak.

Today, New Sarawak Tribune focuses on happenings in Sarawak’s cities, towns and small places no matter how remote these are and events of relevance in other states of Malaysia and other countries.