SIBU: The vaccination programme at the Sibu Indoor Stadium vaccination centre under Phase Two of the third round of the Covid-19 National Immunisation Programme went off without a hitch on Tuesday (May 18).
Dr Annuar Rapaee, Coordinator of the Sibu Divisional Disaster Management Committee, was relieved that the programme proceeded smoothly.
The Assistant Minister of Local Government and Housing, visited the vaccination centre to observe the process.
“At the centre, it was really orderly, with little congestion.
“Thank you to the Sibu community for arriving at the centre on time and on schedule,” said the Assistant Minister of Education, Science, and Technology Research.
According to the Nangka assemblyman, about 7,000 senior citizens in Sibu will be vaccinated from May 18 until May 29.
“The programme, which begins today and runs until May 29, is for the first dose.
“I advise the public who will be here the next day to continue adhering to the standard operating procedures (SOPs),” he said.
Previously, during the vaccination programme on May 7, the vaccination centre was congested because many recipients did not keep to their appointment time.