BETONG: The quick action of residents at Rumah Panjang Ben Bali in Mudong to extinguish a fire has prevent their longhouse from being destroyed and saved many lives.
Saratok Fire and Rescue Station (Bomba) chief PPgB Muhammad Shukur Jamaludin, who led the operation, said that they received an emergency call at 6.21pm on Friday.
Firefighters were dispatched to the scene at Rumah Panjang Ben Bali, Tapang Ujan Ulu Ibus in Mudong, around 32 kilometres from the station.
“It was reported that the fire has been extinguished by the longhouse residents using three fire extinguishers.
“The fire started in the kitchen of door No. 23 of the longhouse involving a kitchen cabinet and plug socket connector,” he said in a statement.
No casualty was reported during the incident and the firefighters returned to the station after concluding the operation at 7.30pm.