Short circuit possible cause of fire

A firefighter removing the burnt fuse believed to be the cause of the fire.

KOTA SAMARAHAN: A fire broke out at the Land and Survey Department here yesterday possibly due to a short circuit.

The Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) said it received a distress call regarding the incident at around 3.30pm.

“Upon arrival at the scene, the operations commander reported that the fire occurred in an office space and did not involve the building.”

Bomba said the fire was extinguished when the firefighters arrived.

“Firefighters then proceeded to remove the fuse and ensured that the area was safe.”