KUCHING: The Sarawak government has taken over and continued the implementation of three bridge projects which were cancelled during the Pakatan Harapan (PH) government’s administration, said Works Minister Datuk Seri Fadillah Yusof.

He said the overall allocation of RM1.2 billion for the construction of the three bridges had been diverted to the Sarawak-Sabah Link Road (SSLR) project.

“The federal government noted that the Sarawak government had taken over and continued the implementation of these three bridge projects,” he said in a written answer to Senator Dr Nuing Jeluing for the Dewan Negara session in Putrajaya on Tuesday (Sept 8).

He said that the three bridges were the 5km Batang Lupar Bridge with an estimated construction cost of RM1 billion, the 1.34km Batang Igan Bridge with an estimated cost of RM310.8 million, and the 0.6km Batang Rambungan Bridge with an estimated cost of RM142.2 million. 

“There were six coastal bridge projects approved for implementation in Sarawak. Three have been completed and are ready for public use,” he said.

According to Fadillah, the 1.48km Batang Sadong Bridge costing RM231 million was completed on Oct 4, 2016; the 0.3km Sungai Rimbas Bridge costing RM48 million was completed on Nov 6, 2017; and the 0.7km Samarahan Bridge costing RM120 million was completed on Jun 22, 2018.