KUCHING: Six water treatment plants in the state will be temporarily closed to give way to contractors to install the Electro-Magnetic Flowmeter for raw water and treated water, said Sarawak Rural Water Supply Department (JBALB).
Among the water treatment plants and the dates that will be temporarily closed are as below:
- Bayai water plant, in Sri Aman on April 28, and May 1 and May 4, at 10pm to 6am.
- Kaki Wong water plant in Saratok on March 12 and March 15, at 10pm to 6am.
- Kapit water plant in Kapit on March 18 and March 18, at 8pm to 4am.
- Jemoreng water plant in Mukah on March 25 and March 29, at 8pm to 4am.
- Suai water plant in Miri on April 13, at 10pm to 6am.
- Trusan water plant in Limbang on April 3, at 7pm to 3am.
JBALB advised consumers in the affected area that they may experience water disruption due to the temporary closure of the water treatment plants to make early preparation to store adequate water.
They said the consumers’ cooperation and patience would be very much appreciated.
All the latest developments will be posted on JBALB Sarawak’s official Facebook page.
New Sarawak Tribune e-Paper
Subscribe and get the latest news from NewSarawakTribune.com.my
New Sarawak Tribune is a Sarawakian news portal that highlights Sarawak-centric news and other stories of relevance to Sarawak.
Today, New Sarawak Tribune focuses on happenings in Sarawak’s cities, towns and small places no matter how remote these are and events of relevance in other states of Malaysia and other countries.