The fire-damaged bedroom

KUCHING: A house tenant acted swiftly to extinguish a bedroom fire in a house at Taman Suria Jaya, Jalan Matang yesterday morning.

The Fire and Rescue Department received an emergency call pertaining to the incident at 1.14am and a team of firemen from Petra Jaya fire station were deployed to the scene.

By the time they arrived the team found the bedroom destroyed and the fire had been put out by the tenant who sprayed it using a garden hose.

The cause of the fire has yet to be ascertained.