Third day zero streak

KUCHING: Sarawak recorded no new positive Covid-19 case on Wednesday (July 1) for the third consecutive day, with the total number of positive cases in the state thus far remaining at 571.

Deputy Chief Minister Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas said the state recorded six new recovery cases and which were discharged from hospitals on Wednesday — five from Bintulu Hospital and one from Sarawak General Hospital.

“The total number of positive Covid-19 cases which have recovered and been discharged is 544 or 95.27 percent,” he said at the Sarawak Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) Covid-19 daily press update on Wednesday.

“Ten individuals are still receiving treatment at hospital isolation wards. The number of deaths remains at 17,” he said.

He added that 32 new person-under-investigation (PUI) cases were reported, while ten were still awaiting laboratory results.

Uggah, who is also SDMC chairman, said that 63 persons-under-surveillance (PUS) had checked into hotels on Wednesday to undergo quarantine, bringing the total number of PUS at 13 hotels to 866 while 17,058 had completed their quarantine period.

Meanwhile, 1,963 premises had been surveyed for compliance with directives under the recovery movement control order (RMCO), consisting of supermarkets (205), restaurants (429), factories (12), banks (173), government offices (69), hawkers (19), public markets (96), places of worship (92), recreational places (53), construction sites (36), and others (779).

On Op Benteng, he said that there were six roadblocks in five districts on Wednesday, namely two in Lundu and one each in Bau, Serian, Sri Aman and Lubok Antu, where a total of 1,120 vehicles were checked.

Uggah disclosed that the Malaysian Armed Forces (ATM) had arrested a Malaysian farm owner at Kampung Stas, Serikin.

The individual, along with seized goods valued at RM490,986 (a bulldozer, four lorries, a four-wheel drive vehicle, and smuggled goods) had been taken to the Lundu police station for further action, he added.

“ATM has also detained and banished two undocumented immigrants of Indonesian nationality from Lubok Antu, some ten kilometres from the Malaysia/Indonesia border,” said Uggah.