KUCHING: All twenty-three Covid-19 positive patients who were reported to be unreachable earlier have been found by the authorities.
Education, Science and Technological Research Assistant Minister Dr Annuar Rapaee, in a Facebook post, said the last ‘unreachable’ person was successfully traced by the authorities at 12.45pm today.
He said the person had been unreachable by the authorities as his phone was out of service.
Dr Annuar said out of the twenty-three patients, ten of them were already at the hospital with nine admitted on Jan 17 while another was admitted the following day.
“They are already in the hospital, that is why they were uncontactable. Of the ten, one is a foreigner,” he said.
The Nangka assemblyman said four other patients were living in lockdown areas and currently making their way to the hospital, adding that the remaining eight patients were reached by the authorities on Tuesday (Jan 19) and were on their way to the hospital.
“My advice to the public is to make sure your phone is switched on at all times as the authorities are running the swab test 24-hours a day.
“So those who have gone for the test must make sure their phones are reachable, traceable and contactable.
“I’m sure people are feeling unsafe because they know 23 Covid-19 patients are lingering around. But then again, Sibu is not safe and all of us must stay at home.
“That is why we implemented the movement control order (MCO) as there are a lot of other people who went for Covid-19 tests and still have not received their test result,” he said.
Earlier, it was reported that 23 Covid-19 patients in Sibu were uncontactable by the authorities.
Local Government and Housing Minister Datuk Seri Dr Sim Kui Hian said the authorities might have to reveal the identity of the patients as a last resort to find them.