You can apply for RM200 rental aid from HDC

An infographic of the Sarawak Rental Assistance Scheme (SRAS) by HDC.

KUCHING: If you are currently renting a premises or a house which does not belong to immediate family members in Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu and Miri, you can now apply for the Sarawak Rental Assistance Scheme (SRAS) aid of RM200 a month from the Housing Development Corporation (HDC).

Based on an infographic shared by the HDC, the scheme covers a period of maximum of three years.

To be eligible for the aid, applicants must be Malaysian citizens and permanent residents in Sarawak. They must also be 21 years old and above and possess a MyKad with ‘K’ status.

Other criteria include being married or a single parent with at least one child living with him or her and the household income must not exceed RM2,131 per month.  

HDC said priority would be given to people with disabilities (OKU).

Applicants are requested to complete the application form and enclose a copy of the latest relevant documents. The documents required include a copy of marriage certificate or divorce certificate; a copy of identity card (applicant and spouse); a copy of birth certificate, MyKid or MyKad of the dependent child and living with the applicant; salary statement showing gross monthly income of the head of household or spouse; signed and stamped rental agreement; consent of owner’s rented premises for tenants to participate in the SRAS and pictures of rented premises.

HDC added that for the OKU application, the applicants had to submit a copy of the OKU card.

The applications should be submitted to the HDC office either in Kuching, Sibu, Bintulu or Miri.

For further details, visit the HDC’s website at or contact it at 082-444381 or 082-443681.