KUCHING: Sarawak recorded no new positive cases of Covid-19 for the fourth consecutive day yesterday.
According to State Disaster Management Committee (SDMC) chairman Datuk Amar Douglas Uggah Embas, the total number remains unchanged at 678 since the last case was detected last Friday.
He said there were also eight new recoveries and discharged from Sarawak General Hospital (SGH), bringing the total to 607 or 89.53 percent.
“Fifty-two individuals are still receiving treatment at hospital isolation wards and the total number of deaths remains at 19 or 2.80 percent,” he said when delivering the daily Covid-19 update yesterday.
He added that there are also four new person-under-investigation (PUI) cases, and three currently awaiting laboratory test results.
On roadblocks conducted to enforce inter-zone travel restrictions, Uggah said that a total of 1,473 vehicles passed through the roadblocks between zones 1 and 2, namely in Simunjan and Sri Aman.
“Of the total, 1,462 of them had obtained permission and 11 had been ordered to turn back because they did not have permits from the police.
“The police had issued a total of nine compound notices for non-compliance with the standard operating procedure (SOP) — four in Padawan, two in Kota Samarahan and one each in Betong, Sarikei and Miri.”
Statewide monitoring of SOP compliance by 692 personnel saw inspection done on 1,900 premises, including 313 supermarkets, 393 restaurants, 19 factories, 164 banks, 89 government offices, 39 hawker centres, 111 markets, 100 places of worship, 47 recreational areas, 10 construction sites, and others (615).
There are also six ongoing roadblocks conducted in five districts throughout the state as part of Ops Benteng.
The roadblocks are at two locations in Lundu and one each in Bau, Serian, Sri Aman and Lubok Antu, with a total of 911 vehicles inspected.