In the mood for something light and tangy? Mango with chicken is an unusual pairing, but the flavour combination really works! The end result is a tropical tasting meal that’s perfect served over rice.
4 boneless skinless chicken breast
1 red pepper
1 yellow pepper
1 green pepper
3 green onions
2⁄3 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons sugar
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons rice vinegar or 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
4 teaspoons curry paste
4 teaspoons cornstarch
4 teaspoons vegetable oil
1 tablespoon minced gingerroot
1⁄4 cup cashews (optional)
1. Cut chicken into three 4 inch pieces.
2. Seed, core and cut peppers into 1-inch pieces.
3. Slice onions into 1 1/2-inch lengths.
4. Peel and pit mangoes and cut into 2/3-inch pieces.
5. Whisk together stock, sugar, soy sauce, vinegar, cornstarch and curry paste.
6. In wok or skillet heat half of the oil over high heat; stir fry chicken for 4 minutes or until no longer pink inside.
7. Transfer to plate.
8. Add remaining oil to wok; stir-fry peppers for 2 minutes.
9. Stir in ginger, cook for 30 seconds.
10. Add stock mixture and chicken, cook stirring for 2 minutes or until sauce is thickened and chicken is hot.
11. Stir in onions and mango.
12. Sprinkle with cashews (if using). Serve with rice.