Top floor of shop goes up in smoke

Date:

SERIAN: The top floor of a shop lot at Mile 38, Jalan Kuching-Serian was almost destroyed in an afternoon fire today.

However there were no casualties during the incident as the occupants and workers had safely got out of the building without injuries.

An emergency call was received by the State Fire and Rescue Operation Centre at 2.32pm and firemen from Serian fire station and Siburan fire station were dispatched to the location.

“According to the commander, the third floor of the shop lot, measuring 20×40 square feet, was on flames with about 90 per cent damage.

“The third floor is the storage area of the shop, where they kept stocks and items. The first and second floors were safe from the fire,” said a statement from the Fire and Rescue Department..

The operation ended at 5.25pm.

998 UiTM graduands receive scrolls

KOTA SAMARAHAN: A total of 998 graduands received their degree and diploma scrolls at the 94th UiTM Sarawak convocation yesterday (September 26). UiTM Sarawak rector,...

Share post:

Our Opinion

More like this
Related

Neighbours’ quick action saves house from fire

SARIKEI: Swift actions by neighbours succeeded in saving two...

Slight decline in reported cases

KUCHING: Sarawak recorded a total of 658 COVID-19 cases...

Students urged to master multiple languages

SIBURAN: Students have been encouraged to master various languages...

Rep assures villagers of development projects

SARATOK: Every application for infrastructure projects will be taken...

Poor weather hampers search for missing fisherman

MUKAH: Inclement weather hampered the fifth day of the...

Sarawak records 45 deaths from rabies since 2017

KUCHING: All 32 immune belt enforcement teams (IBET) will...

Council cracks whip on used cooking oil 

MIRI: Miri City Council (MCC) will be taking stern...

Three week controlled release of water from Bakun

KUCHING: Sarawak Energy is commencing its seasonal controlled release...

Rabies epidemic manageable but vigilance must remain

KUCHING: The number of rabies cases in Sarawak is...

Driver injured as 4WD rams tree

MIRI: A 42 year-old man suffered injuries to his...

Snake caught in hospital

BETONG: A hospital employee was shocked to discover a...

Concert combines music, animation, short film

KOTA SAMARAHAN: A prominent local band, At Adau, has...