KUALA LUMPUR: The Football Association of Malaysia (FAM) announced yesterday that the organisation of the President’s Cup, the Youth Cup and the Malaysia Premier Futstal League (MPFL) this season is postponed till September.
FAM secretary-general Stuart Ramalingam said this follows the extension of Phase One of the movement control under the National Recovery Plan.
He said all the competitions were expected to take place as early as September with teams allowed to undergo training according to the standard operating procedures (SOPs) set by the National Security Council (MKN) and the Youth and Sports Ministry 30 days before competition begins.
“The activities and information are FAM’s current plans and subject to change from time to time. Other issues especially related to format, schedule, rules and actual date of competition activities will also be shared with all parties,” he said in a statement today.
Meanwhile, Stuart said FAM is also communicating with all relevant parties to obtain approval to enable the competitions to take place as soon as possible.
In addition, as an effort to ensure continuity before the resumption of all the competitions, FAM will introduce several online activities or workshops related to the teams soon.
The Youth Cup and President’s Cup were previously scheduled to begin on June 2 and 3 respectively while the MPFL was supposed to start as early as June 12 for the men’s category and Aug 12 for the women’s category. – Bernama