KUCHING: The Kuching Health Office and the management of Sentosa Hospital have taken action to control and contain the spread of Covid-19 infection at the facility.
Further actions have also been taken, including identifying and running tests on close contacts at the workplace, home and social as well as undergoing treatment, isolation and quarantine.
Sentosa Hospital is currently under lockdown for two weeks.
“The admission of patients to the wards have been stopped immediately effective July 14.
“Apart from that, outpatient services will continue through online consultation, while medication collection services are done via drive-through,” said Sarawak health director Datuk Dr Mohamed Sapian.
Additionally, sanitisation work was done on all areas while the electroconvulsive therapy service, involving aerosol procedure, was stopped immediately effective July 12.
Dr Mohamed said outside patients, who needed the electroconvulsive service, would be referred to the Sarawak General Hospital (SGH).
“The Occupational Safety and Health Unit will observe the health of all and infection control practices are being tightened and monitored by the Infection Control Unit,” he said.
Earlier in his Facebook posting, Sarawak Disaster Management Committee advisor Datuk Seri Dr Sim Kui Hian urged the Health Department to investigate the recurrence of Covid-19 infection at Sentosa Hospital.
According to Dr Mohamed, as of 6pm, Wednesday, 56 people had tested positive for Covid-19, leading to the emergence of the Sentosa 2 Cluster.
The infected were 24 health workers, 28 in-patients, one concession company worker and three close contacts, he added.
He said the Sentosa 2 Cluster was first detected on July 12 when a health worker tested positive.