BINTULU: Firefighters arrived on time to put out a fire in a bedroom here. The blaze happened at a double-storey house at Taman Kemena, Jalan Sibiew here.
“We received the emergency call at 12.41 pm and firefighters from the Bintulu Fire and Rescue (Bomba) Station were dispatched to the location.
“Based on an information given, the fire erupted in a bedroom on the second level of the house,” said the State Bomba Operation Centre today.
Firefighters managed to prevent the fire from spreading to the other parts of the house. But 80 per cent of the bedroom was destroyed.
“Fortunately, two occupants managed to get out of the house unharmed. The operation ended at 1.35 pm,” said the operation centre.