SIBU: Quick action of a homeowner managed to save his house from fire at Lorong 3C, Jalan Rantau Panjang Jaya today.
Sibu Fire Department Zone 4 chief Janggan Muling said that firemen from Sungai Merah station were despatched to the scene after receiving a distress call at 9.22am.
“The fire only damaged some household appliances such as sofa and air conditioning unit in the living room.
“The flames were successfully extinguished by the owner before the team arrived,” he said, adding that no extinguishing operation was carried out.
Janggan added that preliminary investigation and inspection found that the main switch box had caught fire. The damages involved some household appliances. There was a thick black soot on the ceiling and living room.