KUALA LUMPUR: Public places where the use of face masks is compulsory are as follow:
- mosque, surau and houses of worship
- social events
- public transport including school bus and van
- hospitals and clinics
- market and farmers’ markets
- retail premises (shopping malls, supermarket, sundry shops, – petrol stations)
- barbershops and beauty salons
- family entertainment outlets
- any crowded public areas
Bukit Aman Criminal Investigation Department deputy director (Investigation/Legal), DCP Mior Faridalathrash Wahid told this to Bernama in response to public confusion on the matter.
The use of face masks in public transport and crowded public places has been made compulsory by the government from August 1 under the Prevention and Control of Infectious Diseases Act 1988.
“Anyone who violates the rules under the Act will be fined up to RM1,000,” he said. – Bernama