MIRI: A man is lucky to have escaped what could have been a potentially deadly attack.
He was almost bitten by a cobra — an extremely poisonous reptile — while he was feeding his dog at his house yesterday.
In the 7.15pm incident at Taman Spring Riam, the 35-year-old found a cobra coiled up at the edge of his dog’s kennel after hearing a loud hissing sound.
Following the shocking discovery, Miri Civil Defence Force (APM) personnel were called to assist in capturing the half-metre-long reptile.
The team later found that the snake hiding behind a flower pot.
After it was captured, the reptile was released back to its original habitat far away from the neighbourhood.