PUSA: A kitchen is the essence and core of a restaurant, making it possible to serve its wide offerings of delicious foods and refreshing drinks.
Unfortunately, for a restaurant located near Jalan Pasar Pusa here, its operation may have to be put on hold after a fire broke out and destroyed its kitchen on Tuesday night (Jul 20).
The State Fire and Rescue Department (Bomba) operation centre said no one was reported to be injured in the incident.
The department was alerted at around 11.30pm.
“On arrival at the scene, the firefighters found fire engulfing the kitchen located on the ground floor of the double-storey building.
“The fire caused 50 percent damage to the kitchen,” the operation centre said today (Wednesday).
It added that the fire was successfully put out by firefighters with the help of the public who had earlier on tried to put out the blaze.